About this accommodation
Hey and hello to all global travelers, international home office workers, laptop business owners, remote workers & digital Nomads!
Casa Dominica might become YOUR favorite place to go, here on this beautiful northern coast of Tenerife and this is based on the following facts:
- we put up to max. 5 people in 3 bedrooms. Fully furbished, self-contained 100 m2 flat with everything you need plus nice, well looked after garden area over 230 m2
- we have the fastest fiber cable internet connection on this isle, not 100, 200, 300 or 600 Mb, but amazing 1 Gb! Woah!
- 2 x centralized access point for LAN. 5G WLAN (Wi-Fi) in all rooms, even WLAN all over in our relaxing garden amongst beautiful banana and citrus trees!
- 3 separated office facilities: indoor - table, comfortable office chair, desk light, 220 Volt sockets and tablet/smartphone USB charging sockets in each of 2 rooms. And the third office facility is outdoor in the garden (!) with 5G WLAN/Wi-Fi, LAN garden cable available soon. 220 Volt extension cable provided.
- Grocery store within short walking distance
- Village bus stop within 300 meter
- Romantic swimming at the Atlantic shore, Pharmacies, Banks Restaurants and Bars... all this and more is situated nearby (1km) at the coast.
- Windsurf / surfer beach within 5 km
- Entertainment and city life 12 to 15 minutes drive
- Fancy trekking or a walk up the mountains? Numerous paths leading up to the Canadas directly from the house.
- Quiet, easy going life in a small authentic canarian village, no tourist fancy fair
- Fancy doing some yoga outside in the garden? Do it!
- Fancy a sizzling barbecue in the garden watching the sunset? Do it!
Need more details? Ask for it!
We are officially registered and licensed by the local authorities as Vv. Welcome to Casa Dominica! Let us be your hosts! -René and Dominique-
(french, german, english and some spanish spoken)
You will love this accommodation because of the typical ambience of an intact Canarian village, but only 12 minutes by car from Puerto de La Cruz. Many of my guests are nature lovers, hikers, surfers and appreciate the tranquility of a Canary Islands village, yet only 1 km from a very beautiful bay, and in 12 minutes by car you are in Puerto de la Cruz. You can also relax and grill in the private garden.
The ground floor accommodation is a fully furnished, charming 100 m2 apartment in a Canarian village house which was renovated in 2015 and which belonged to a larger finca more than 100 years ago. The host couple lives with their dog on the upper floor (separate entrance).
Sleeps for up to 5 guests in the 3 bedrooms (2 double rooms and 1 single bed room), living room, kitchen, bathroom, side room for washing machine and dryer, hall, 240 m2 planted organic garden, kitchen herbs, lawn, citrus trees and palm trees, garden loungers, tables , Chairs, barbecue facilities. Always available guest parking space right next to the house entrance or a few steps around the corner.
A stable fiber optic high speed internet connection, WLAN in all rooms and in the garden is available to the guests.
Access for guests
The guests have the entire 100 m2 large ground floor to themselves and a private entrance. In addition, free access to the garden with loungers and barbecue facilities
Other important information
Santa Catalina can be described as very safe. Also at night. There is no break-in or crime of any kind here. Every year, at the end of November, the big fiesta of the village takes place and there is a festival with processions and lots of music.
The landlord has not filled the internet speed yet. Ask them to clarify this.
Once you send a reservation request, the landlord is notified that you are interested in their offer. From that moment, they have 24 hours to approve or reject your reservation.
Landlords are mainly interested in the profile of their tenant. Do not forget to fill in all necessary information, add your profile picture, or even make a short video about yourself. Doing that will make you more attractive for the owner and your reservation will more likely get approved.
You can take a look at the contract in advance and online with every offer. After you sign it, you will find it in the application My Housing.
While arranging a contract on Flatio, you do not have to worry that it could be disadvantageous for you. Our contracts are made so that we avoid all problems! All of them are the same, used by all the landlords on Flatio.
Your time is precious. That's why we've added a virtual tour option to our platform so you can see some of the rentals listed on Flatio from the comfort of your own home.
If a virtual tour isn't available for the accommodation you've chosen, you can contact the landlord and ask them if they're willing to give you a personal tour of the rental unit.
If you move in and find that the rented accommodation doesn't match the information on Flatio at the time the reservation request was sent to the landlord, you can withdraw from the lease agreement under certain circumstances explained in this article in our help center.
Also, under our "secure move-in" policy, we'll assist you with moving to an alternative accommodation if you report within a certain period of time that the rental unit doesn't match the ad and the landlord doesn't fix the problem immediately. You can read the details in our help center.
How you can cancel a reservation varies depending on what stage the reservation is in.
Is your reservation request still waiting for landlord approval? Then you can simply cancel it directly from your My Housing web app!
However, suppose the owner has already approved your reservation request, and you are no longer interested in it. In that case, you can still cancel the reservation before you sign the lease agreement. Just consider that you should do this only in essential cases. Because when the landlord accepts your reservation, their property is stopped being advertised, and they can lose the chance to rent their property to someone else.
Do you have an approved reservation and also a valid agreement? In order to cancel your reservation, contact Flatio customer support well in advance of your contract beginning (the specific time and amount of refund depends on the type of cancelation policy).