Join our Nomad Inspectors Club
Are you a digital nomad who lives and breathes this lifestyle? Are you passionate about sharing your experiences with other people who want to try or maintain this lifestyle? Do you love the idea of creating content and being rewarded for it? Does the idea of belonging to an exclusive club with like-minded people excite you? If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to invite you to join our “Nomad Inspectors Club”!
What kind of club is this? You may ask.
Well… It’s a club that brings together digital nomad influencers, including digital nomads, digital nomad experts and consultants, authors writing about digital nomadism, etc. As "inspectors”, they stay at accommodations listed on Flatio, inspect them, and award them the "Nomad-Verified" badge if they're suitable for remote work. This helps other digital nomads looking to rent through Flatio make an informed decision and choose a place where they can be productive and relax with the utmost comfort.
Want to learn more about the badge and the club? Then let's dive in!
Their properties will be highlighted as one of our “Nomad-Verified” listings, which means more potential leads and tenants for them.
In addition, their accommodation will receive more promotion and visibility than other listings because the “Nomad Inspector” staying at their property will create a series of photo and video content about their experience.
This content is shared on the social media accounts of Flatio and the "Nomad Inspector". All created content will be available on the listing until the badge is valid.
All of this helps them gain the trust of more digital nomads, who tend to be professional, well-paying tenants, spend less time answering questions from potential tenants before they move in, and run a more efficient rental business.
We require our partner "Nomad Inspectors" to create and publish the following content on their social media:
- A 1-minute video about the property and their experience with a mention of the “Nomad Inspectors Club” and how Flatio arranged their stay
- A video walkthrough of the property
- 5 posts and 10 stories tagging Flatio and using the #myflatioroutine
Note: The "Nomad Inspectors" are required to create this content during their stay, but they're only asked to post it on social media if they consider the property to be "Nomad-Verified".
We treat "Nomad Inspectors" as special tenants invited by Flatio to inspect various listings as part of our partnership with them. So their stay is on us. This means they can explore new places or rediscover the places they've already been to without having to pay rent.
Members of the club will receive a 20% discount on service fee when booking accommodation through Flatio in the future for their personal use, not as part of the partnership.
In addition, the visibility this partnership brings to "Nomad Inspectors" has the potential to bring them new visitors, users, customers, readers, business partners, etc.
Also, membership in the club offers them the opportunity to network with like-minded people who are experts in digital nomadism.
1- A “stable” Wi-Fi connection with a minimum download speed of 30 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps.
- This is the “real” Wi-Fi speed, not the one in the landlord’s contract with the service provider. Inspectors can check the "real" Wi-Fi speed on speedtest.net.
- A minimum download speed of 30 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps is usually sufficient for use by 1-2 people. We recommend that landlords set up an even faster Wi-Fi connection to make their property suitable for digital nomad families as well.
- It’s advisable to measure the "real" Wi-Fi speed in the areas of the rental unit where digital nomads are supposed to work. If the router is far away from their workspace, for example, the Internet speed and quality can drop significantly.
- "Nomad Inspectors" are encouraged to mention Wi-Fi speed in the content they create.
2- A dedicated workspace inside the flat (with a quality desk and office chair, enough space to work, good lighting, and a low noise level for concentrated work)
3- A spot for workout and meditation inside or outside the flat
4- Easy access to public transportation and places popular with digital nomads (such as co-working, cafes, gyms, and beaches)
- You apply to join our “Nomad Inspectors Club”.
- We'll put you in touch with a landlord who has requested an inspection of their property to possibly receive the "Nomad Verified" badge.
- After the arrangements have been made, you stay at their property and carefully check if it meets all the requirements to be considered "Nomad-Verified".
- You inform us about the result.
- If you classify the property as "Nomad-Verified", we add the corresponding badge to the listing.
- You and Flatio will start posting the created content on social media to promote the property.
Landlords should take into account the feedback from the "Nomad Inspector" who inspected their accommodation and improve the condition of the property (in terms of Wi-Fi and/or physical space) so that it meets the minimum requirements for remote work.
After they have made the improvements, they can apply again to have their property inspected and potentially verified.
To us, this sounds like a great opportunity not to be missed! How does it sound to you?
Email us at [email protected] if you have any questions. We’d love to have you on board and help you get your shiny "Nomad-Verified" badge to attract more potential tenants!